Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday, June 2nd

National Running Day!  And, in that honor, I at least dragged myself out of bed to run before work; generally not a good idea if I want to arrive anywhere near 8, but wanted to fulfill my pledge.  I wouldn't have been able to do it after work today, so that was my only option.

You know it was raining.  For this reason I was a baby about it and only did 2 miles.  I thought quite a bit about the soldiers down at Lewis; they don't get a choice to stay in if it's rainy and did I need to remind myself yet again that I had better get used to it?  At least waiting to post this until after the day had passed will ease the foul things I want to say about running in the rain.  And poor Seamus kept wanting to stop and shake out (no explaining to him how useless that is!)  I will admit that even though it was in the rain, feeling cold and wet, and with heavy, sloshy shoes, I felt better when it was over and wished I had pushed out further.

Final tally: 2.01mi (turned around at curve by the tree, saved the hill for the end), 18:28.05, 9:10 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment