Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday, June 4th

Well you wouldn't have necessarily known that I took yesterday as a rest day.  I'm sure staying up late drinking beers then getting up early for work had absolutely no impact on my slow run today.  Sigh.  I shouldn't be so critical, use this as a baseline, a starting point.  See where I am so I can figure out where I'm going and how I'm going to get there.  Dragging hard with a tail wind = really long return, and I'm rather surprised at the shortage in distance by ending on the big hill rather than the same starting point.  Oh well, do an even bigger loop in the middle to even it out next time, I love ending on the downhill sprint!


Seamus should sleep really good tonight, he took off like a shot after a rabbit and his poor tongue had already been dragging along before then.  I didn't appreciate having to stop and make peace with the couple whose dogs were upset by him, but that's what I get for leaving him off his leash on the main trail.  Yet another tidbit to keep in mind for the future.


All in all, beautiful clear weather with a touch of sun even.  But somehow the slugs were still out.

Final tally: 6.79mi (out the trail to 1st, loop around the park bathroom, saved the hill for the end but extended stop for dog-talk exchange), 1:08:23.24, 10:04 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment